Custom Search

Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Mother's Autism Prayer.

Dear God:
Hear the prayers of a mother's lament,
For our child who's from Heaven sent;
We don't know where this child went,
Lost in a world that was never meant.

Guide my walk every hour I'm awake;
Don't let me give up when there's no more I can take.
Keep me from feeling my anxious heart break.
O help me through this journey, for Heaven's sake.

Give me the strength to endure each day,
When he's aloof,distressed, and has nothing to say.
Teach me, O God, how to live a new way.
I will stay on my knees; for strength I will pray.

O righteous God, please hold my hand;
Let me see your footsteps in the sand.
Hold me up when I'm to weary to stand,
And help me live each day by Your command.

Let us love our child like You love us so will not loose heart.
Let us love our child like You love us so we won't fall apart.
Bestow on me the deepest love that is true;
Help me to love the same way that You do.

~Elizabeth Burton Scott, MA
Author of Raindrops on Roman
Overcoming Autism, A Message on Hope
I found this poem on http://www.rdrpublishers.com/autism_prayers.html
The web site states that this is free to print so I decided to put it here. It is a great poem.


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete