Custom Search

Monday, March 29, 2010

Apology and Recipe

I want to apologize for it being so many days since I have written on here. Between trying to get my financial aid in order for school and my Internet going in and out I just have not been able to post. Here is a great recipe that is very quick to make on those busy days.


Quick 'n Crunchy Potato Chip Chicken
(gotten from my Betty Crocker Cook Book)

Add great crunch and flavor to chicken. Choose
your favorite flavor of potato chips, like Cheddar
for a cheese flavor, BBQ for that great BBQ flavor.
Crush them into a tasty coating. In fact to save
some money which we all like to do why not save
your crumbs in the bottom of the bag to use. If
you dont want to do that just pour some chips into
a food bag and crush them up.

prep time: 5min cook time 12min serves 4

4 cups
flavor chip of choice
(once crushed will be 1 cup)
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 large egg
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
(about 1/4 lb)
  1. In a shallow bowl, mix crushed potato chips and parsley. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and Worcestershire sauce.
  2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with the potato chip mixture.
  3. Cook chicken in oil 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until deep golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 degrees).
1 serving:
Cal 305 ( Cal from fat 155);
Fat 17g (sat.fat 3g);
Chol. 125mg;
Sodium 200mg;
Carbs 9g (fiber 1g);
Pro. 29g.
% Daily Value:
Vit. A 2%;
Vit. C 2%;
Calc. 2%;
Iron 8%
Exchanges:
1/2 Starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Carb Choices: 1/2

I just love this I use sour cream and onion chips, and I also use Nacho Cheese Doritos. I love it because it is just enough for our small family. It is so cheap and easy to make as well. I usually get the chicken on sale and then freeze it until I am ready to use it. I also get the doritos when they are on sale in the family sided bag 2 for $3.oo or I buy the store brand chips when they are 3 for $5. I hope you all will try and then fall in love with this great meal idea.


Now I would not just write done the main course with out having the sides. We are gonna make this a full meal deal.

I do not know about where you live but I am always finding 5lb bags of potatoes on sale for $0.59 a bag. So I love to make a fried potato cake to go with this and deep fried green beans.

Potato Cakes
  • 6 cups cubed (1-inch) Yukon potatoes
  • 3 1/2 cups bread crumbs, divided
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onion
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.

Directions

In a large Dutch oven, combine potatoes and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and mash.

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 2 cups bread crumbs, egg, cheese, bacon, onion, butter, sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form potatoes into 3-inch patties; dredge in remaining bread crumbs.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato patties, and cook, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown and crisp. Serve immediately.


Deep Fried Green Beans

1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut to preferred length
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Oil for deep frying
Wash and trim green beans. Pat dry. Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in bowl. Dip the green beans in buttermilk and then roll in the flour mixture. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.


Now I do not deep fry mine instead I preheat my over to 425 degrees and bake them for 12 min, you still coat them the same way.


I really hope that you enjoy these recipes. I know me and my family do. Have a great day and enjoy dinner.








No comments:

Post a Comment